Sunday, March 4, 2018

251

251 is not the number of times I have thought about drinking. It is not the number of times people have asked me why I gave up brewing. It is, in fact the number of days I have gone without a drink. Some days I think about that often. Sometimes I go a few days without thinking about it. Lately I have been experiencing the loss of brewing and tasting. I have mentioned before I had to separate the brewing from the drinking to have any clarity of choice. I enjoyed brewing. I am sure I still would. And if I was able to have kegs of beer sitting in my garage and not drink out of them every day I would still be doing that. When I see breweries opening in Alameda it does make me long to open my own brewery. That was a dream for quite a while. That was a dream that I had to let go. I have lots of other things in my life to fill it up.
Recently I have been experiencing some more firsts in sobriety. I worked an event with a whiskey tasting. Thanks to my grandfather I had a weakness for whiskey. It was a little challenging to pass that by. But just like all the other challenges it gets easier each time. I am learning. One of the things I am learning too is appreciation for sobriety. At that same event with the whiskey tasting I went back to my room did some work, watched some netflix, and read. I was up later than I wanted to be but I was still in way better shape than some of the people I was working with and around the next morning. Being sober keeps you from having hangovers but it doesn't keep you from being tired :)

No comments: